Monday, March 4, 2013

Money Saving Blog

OK so first for full disclosure. The blog I am about to promote is operated by my friend. I am promoting it because she is my friend of course BUT also because I happen to think she is a savings genius. Keep in mind I am NOT a coupon clipping, sale paper browsing kind of person. I need something, I go to the closest store and buy it. If it's on sale great, if not, well I have to buy it anyway. BUT! When you discover that you can get a set of really awesome hot rollers and a curling iron while putting out under 5 dollars, I had to pay attention. I followed the instruction on The Saving Makes Cents Blog and low and behold, I actually found I had $10.00 credit on my CVS card, I bought $44.00 hot rollers for $12.00 and a curling iron for 2.49. Now I was hooked!
After talking to my friend, she gave me a few very simple pointers on saving money. I even discovered that my local grocery had digital coupons that I could load onto my shoppers card and just swipe at the register. No clipping required. I was actually quite surprised at how easy it really is to save money with a minimal investment of time.
What makes this particular coupon/saving blog unique is that Tina (the operator) does not just post whatever she sees advertised. When she is in doubt, she will personally make a trip to the store and try out the deal as it appears. There have been a few times that I have seen other blogs post something was free, etc.. that Tina would later discover was not so free or there was an added step that many missed. What is offered on this blog is what you will get and it's run by a woman that has the highest integrity as well as a fabulous saving cents! In case you missed the link http://savingmakescents.net Check it out, there is no charge to follow the blog and the money you save you blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment